PENGASSAN is the acronym for Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria. As a foremost union in the most important sector in the country’s economy, accounting for more than 90% of the country’s exports and 80% of the Federal Government’s revenue, we shoulder a huge responsibility in national development.
We are currently affiliated to the Trade Union Congress of Nigeria (TUCN) and Industri-All Global Union. The Industri-All Global Union is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
We are dedicated to the promotion of labour and industrial relations activities that will improve the welfare (Rights, terms and conditions of our employment)and promote solidarity, peace, equity, and justice among ourselves and other Nigerians
The Association aims to achieve the following:
● To accomplish the overall unionisation of all Senior to Middle level Management Employees, whether temporary or permanent, in each Company/Organization in the Petroleum, Natural Gas, Petrochemicals and allied Industries as members of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN).
● To enter into, regulate and maintain all forms of labour and industrial relations activities between the various Managements of the Petroleum, Natural Gas, Petrochemicals and Allied Companies all over Nigeria and their Senior to Middle level Management Employees on the one part and between two or more individual members or Branches of the Association on the other part.
● To safeguard and improve the rights, terms and conditions of employment of its members through labour and industrial relations processes and activities.
● To ensure that each Company’s or Organization’s Management provide the necessary occupational Health, safety, environmental, social safety, and other welfare benefits which includes but not limited to Accident, disability, sickness, maternity, lost tools, authorisation /payment for acquired tools where such tools are conditional to work performance, holiday, superannuation schemes, educational, amongst others benefits for members in themselves and for their families.
● To enter into such collective investments that will improve the welfare of the Association and its members.
● To promote the economic, social and educational welfare of the members in any lawful manner which the National Delegates’ Conference /Special Delegates’ Conference or the National Executive Council may from time to time deem expedient.
● To inspire high standards of discipline, workmanship and professionalism at all times.
● To encourage thrift and other savings schemes amongst members and adopt measures
for promoting such savings schemes.
● To render and to receive assistance and donations from other Trade Unions, Organizations and Institutions that support the growth and development of Trade Unionism.
● To engage the Managements of Companies/Organizations and/or any level of Government on matters affecting the industry, labour relations, members and /or any other Staff or Group of Staff in the Petroleum, Natural Gas, Petrochemical, and allied Industries.
● To advocate, canvass, promote and support policy and legislative processes and implementation with a view to establishing and protecting the rights and privileges of labour as well as for the introduction of benefits, welfare and social security measures.
● To engage in activities that promote the wider interests of workers and to affiliate/amalgamate with other Trade Unions and Organizations that will assist the Association to achieve its objectives.
● To ensure effective participation and representation in policy formulation, legislation and decision processes of institutions, Petrochemical, Allied boards, agencies and parastals in the petroleum industry.
Comrade Lumumba Ighotemu Okugbawa is a calm, articulate and accommodating professional who has 25years of experience in human resources, industrial and labour relations management, having worked on...
Comrade Festus Osifo is a holder of a First-Class degree in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering from University of Portsmouth UK. Prior to that, he attended Iyobosa Primary School and his seco...
Comrade Owan David Ahakiri. He works with the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) as a Senior Environmental Officer. He holds an MSC in Environmental Engineering from Cranfield University, Engl...
Comrade Charles Ogbowu was born to the family of Mr. and Mrs. Moses, Beatrice Ogbowu in Omoku, in Ogba Egbema Ndoni Local Government Area of Rivers...
My name is Comrade Ese Okusi, the National Auditor 2 of Pengassan. I have worked for Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited as an Accountant f...
Comrade Ngozi Okagbue is an analytical and result-oriented professional with over 15 years post-call cross-functional experience in Alternative Dis...