WHAT IS PENGASSAN
PENGASSAN is the acronym for Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN). It is one of the 24 registered Senior Staff Associations in Nigeria. It was formally registered as a trade union on August 15, 1978. It presently has its National Headquarters at 288, Ikorodu Road, Anthony Village, Lagos and Zonal offices in Lagos, Warri, Port Harcourt, Kaduna and Liaison office in Abuja. As a Trade Union, her members are Organized among Senior Staff in the temporary and regular employment in Nigeria’s Oil and Gas Sector.
WHY JOINING PENGASSAN IS AT YOUR ADVANTAGE
- Collective Bargaining- Collective bargaining is the heart and soul of the labour union. This occurs when a group of workers bounds together to increase its negotiating power. Unionized workers bring their concern to PENGASSAN’S attention and to their management.
- Workplace Safety;-PENGASSAN intervenes on behalf of its members with management on safety issues. Our supports will encourage the employer to invest more in training and equipment which ultimately motivates the worker and boosts productivity.
- Co-operation– Co-operation amongst workers becomes obvious as injury to one is injury to all. Solidarity Forever
- Higher Wages; – signing up with us gives us the privilege to negotiate, bargain and review the appropriate wages and salary due to you on your behalf. A service non PENGASSAN member cannot benefit.
- Your Welfare Our Concern; at PENGASSAN we have the wherewithal to guide and advice you on a wide range of workplace related issues in areas such as, Health benefit, Pension, Equality etc.
Membership of PENGASSAN is drawn from senior and middle management employees in various oil and gas companies in Nigeria. Each company registered by the National Secretariat constitutes a Branch of PENGASSAN. Currently, we have members in 122 branches.
Since its establishment, PENGASSAN has performed its role creditably and has earned for itself a sound record with a lot of goodwill and respect both nationally and internationally.
PENGASSAN CORE VALUES
- Team Spirit
- Accountability & Integrity
- Mutual Respect
- Fairness (Equity & Justice)
To be the most organized and influential Trade Union and provide excellent services to our members and other stakeholders.
The core objectives are:
- To safeguard and protect the jobs of our members
- To ensure a safe and healthy working environment for our members
- To improve the terms and conditions of employment
- To support and promote legislation in the interest of our members in particular, and Nigeria in general
- To render assistance to other trade union organizations in the spirit of cooperation and solidarity.
- To organize all permanent and temporary employees in the Oil & Gas Sector
- To foster unity of forces & solidarity amongst our ranks and with other unions globally.
- To foster mutually beneficial relationships with the employers, government and other stakeholders.
- To promote or support legislation that furthers our members’ interests.
- To employ modern and socially acceptable tools, techniques and ideas that espouses and strengthens labour and IR practices.
- To respond positively and sensitively to the needs and aspirations of our members.
- To enhance greater socio-economic/welfare benefits and opportunities for members and staff.
Like every other trade union, the highest organ of the Association at the national level is the National Delegates’ Conference (NDC). The NDC is made up of national officers and delegates from all branches. Next in hierarchy to the NDC is the National Executive Council (NEC) which is made up of Branch Chairmen of all the Branches and National Officers. Next to the NEC is the Central Working Committee (CWC) made up of 15 elected National Officers, the General Secretary and two Deputy General Secretaries.
JOIN US TODAY AND LET US PARTNER IN NATION BUILDING.