PENGASSAN is the acronyms for Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) and it is one of the 24 registered Senior Staff Associations in Nigeria. It was formally registered as a trade union on August 15, 1978. It presently has its National Headquarters at 288, Ikorodu Road, Anthony Village, Lagos and Zonal offices in Lagos, Warri, Port Harcourt, Kaduna and Liaison office in Abuja. As a Trade Union, her members are Organized among Senior Staff in the temporary and regular employment in Nigeria’s Oil and Gas Sector.
Our core objectives are:
- To safeguard and protect the jobs of our members
- To ensure a safe and healthy working environment for our members
- To improve the terms and conditions of employment
- To support and promote legislation in the interest of our members in particular, and Nigeria in general
- To render assistance to other trade union organizations in the spirit of cooperation and solidarity.
Membership of PENGASSAN is drawn from senior and middle management employees in various oil and gas companies in Nigeria. Each company registered by the National Secretariat constitutes a Branch of PENGASSAN. Currently, we have members in 122 branches.
Since its establishment, PENGASSAN has performed its role creditably and has earned for itself a sound record with a lot of goodwill and respect both nationally and internationally.
Like every other trade union, the highest organ of the Association at the national level is the National Delegates’ Conference (NDC). The NDC is made up of national officers and delegates from all branches. Next in hierarchy to the NDC is the National Executive Council (NEC) which is made up of Branch Chairmen of all the Branches and National Officers. Next to the NEC is the Central Working Committee (CWC) made up of 15 elected National Officers, the General Secretary and two Deputy General Secretaries.
- Team Spirit
- Accountability & Integrity
- Mutual Respect
- Fairness (Equity & Justice)
Our Vision and Mission Statements
To be the most organized and influential Trade Union and provide excellent services to our members and other stakeholders.
- To organize all permanent and temporary employees in the Oil & Gas Sector
- To foster unity of forces & solidarity amongst our ranks and with other unions globally.
- To foster mutually beneficial relationships with the employers, government and other stakeholders.
- To promote or support legislation that furthers our members’ interests.
- To employ modern and socially acceptable tools, techniques and ideas that espouses and strengthens labour and IR practices.
- To respond positively and sensitively to the needs and aspirations of our members.
- To enhance greater socio-economic/welfare benefits and opportunities for members and staff.