PENGASSAN is the acronym for Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria. As a foremost union in the most important sector in the country’s economy, accounting for more than 90% of the country’s exports and 80% of the Federal Government’s revenue, we shoulder a huge responsibility in national development.
We are currently affiliated to the Trade Union Congress of Nigeria (TUCN) and Industri-All Global Union. The Industri-All Global Union is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
VISIONTo be the most influential Trade Union by providing excellent services to our members, building great relationships with our social partners and other stakeholders while positively influencing decisions on national issues.
Our mission is to protect the jobs of our members through engagements and promotion of legislations in the interest of the Oil and Gas sector and the Nigerian economy at large.
What We Do
We are dedicated to the promotion of labour and industrial relations activities that will improve the welfare (Rights, terms and conditions of our employment)and promote solidarity, peace, equity, and justice among ourselves and other Nigerians
The Association aims to achieve the following:
● To accomplish the overall unionisation of all Senior to Middle level Management Employees, whether temporary or permanent, in each Company/Organization in the Petroleum, Natural Gas, Petrochemicals and allied Industries as members of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN).
● To enter into, regulate and maintain all forms of labour and industrial relations activities between the various Managements of the Petroleum, Natural Gas, Petrochemicals and Allied Companies all over Nigeria and their Senior to Middle level Management Employees on the one part and between two or more individual members or Branches of the Association on the other part.
● To safeguard and improve the rights, terms and conditions of employment of its members through labour and industrial relations processes and activities.
● To ensure that each Company’s or Organization’s Management provide the necessary occupational Health, safety, environmental, social safety, and other welfare benefits which includes but not limited to Accident, disability, sickness, maternity, lost tools, authorisation /payment for acquired tools where such tools are conditional to work performance, holiday, superannuation schemes, educational, amongst others benefits for members in themselves and for their families.
● To enter into such collective investments that will improve the welfare of the Association and its members.
● To promote the economic, social and educational welfare of the members in any lawful manner which the National Delegates’ Conference /Special Delegates’ Conference or the National Executive Council may from time to time deem expedient.
● To inspire high standards of discipline, workmanship and professionalism at all times.
● To encourage thrift and other savings schemes amongst members and adopt measures
for promoting such savings schemes.
● To render and to receive assistance and donations from other Trade Unions, Organizations and Institutions that support the growth and development of Trade Unionism.
● To engage the Managements of Companies/Organizations and/or any level of Government on matters affecting the industry, labour relations, members and /or any other Staff or Group of Staff in the Petroleum, Natural Gas, Petrochemical, and allied Industries.
● To advocate, canvass, promote and support policy and legislative processes and implementation with a view to establishing and protecting the rights and privileges of labour as well as for the introduction of benefits, welfare and social security measures.
● To engage in activities that promote the wider interests of workers and to affiliate/amalgamate with other Trade Unions and Organizations that will assist the Association to achieve its objectives.
● To ensure effective participation and representation in policy formulation, legislation and decision processes of institutions, Petrochemical, Allied boards, agencies and parastals in the petroleum industry.
fueling the petroleum
fueling the petroleum
Where We Operate
We understand that every market is different and that our customer needs are as diverse as the world we live in. With 6 corporate offices, 35 facilities and over 385 retail stations in West Africa, we leverage the strength in our diversity with the hopes to transforming Africa’s energy value chain
CENTRAL WORKING COMMITTEE (CWC)
The highest organ of the Association is the National Delegates’ Conference (NDC). The NDC is made up of National Officers and delegates from all our Branches. Next to the NDC is the National Executive Council (NEC) made up of National Officers, General Secretary, Deputy General Secretaries and Branch Chairmen of all the Branches. Finally, the Central Working Committee (CWC) made up of National Officers, the General Secretary and the two Deputy General Secretaries. The Central Working Committee is vested with the responsibility of the day to day running of the Association.